Sunday, July 28, 2013

"Sweetness"










After rushing in from the grocery store this evening, Q and I set out at a determined pace to get the groceries put away and supper started.  We were both in the zone, focused on the tasks before us.  About five minutes in, I realized I have a son!  Then, I thought, "Where is my son?".  There on the floor, sitting next to a few bags of groceries, was Samuel.  And in my precious boy's hands and mouth was a peach.  Not a peach we had pealed, or cut up into bight sized pieces, but a whole big juicy peach!!  The only thing my boy was focused on the was the "sweetness" of the moment.  He was not focused on the next thing.  He was not in a hurry.  He was enjoying what was before him!

I am currently reading "1000 Gifts" by Ann Voskamp, and for the second time.  I love this book!  She has a way of writing that stirs my heart to recognize daily, and minute by minute, the graces God has put before me.  And it turns out so does Samuel!

Stopping, and right now, to ask God for help to live presently, and to slow down this week.  If I am not careful I may miss the sweet graces He has for me!









"Being in a hurry.  Getting to the next thing without fully entering the thing in front of me.  I cannot think of a single advantage I've ever gained from being in a hurry.  But a thousand broken and missed things, tens of thousands, lie in the wake of the rushing.... Through all the haste I thought I was making up time.  It turns out I was throwing it away."
- Ann Voskamp

1 comment: