Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Summer Update...

The summer has definitely snuck up on us (as usual) and is traveling at such a fast pace!  And although it is moving swiftly along, there have been many refreshing and quiet pauses along the way; where life has seemed to slow down for a moment or so.  Here's are a few precious pauses from our summer so far...

THE BEACH
At the beginning of May we spent a few days at a beach retreat near Charleston with our Navigator family.  We enjoyed the time a lot!  And although it was work, our souls we're well nourished and encouraged.  Personally, I loved my early mornings with the Lord watching the tide roll in.  One morning as I watched the sun rise the Lord spoke sweetly but powerfully to my heart.  It was a timely word from Hosea 6:3 "Let us know; let us press on to know the Lord; His going out is sure as the dawn; He will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth."

Our 2011-2012 Clemson Navigator Staff Team at the beach retreat.  You can't hardly tell but there is 9 of us.  The other 2 couples have baby boys coming in October, and 3 days apart!  It will be a full fall!!


CARYN & SOPHIA
Mid May I flew down to Gainesville, FL to visit with one of my dearest friends, Caryn!  Her hubby was gone for the week, so it was just me, Caryn, and Sophia.  As you can see from the pic below Sophia has not yet arrived, but is at work occupying every inch of her momma's belly.  Lord-willing she will be here soon and we will see a curly, black hair little babe... that's what I have pictured in my mind anyway!  My time was absolutely wonderful!!!  Caryn and I have always said being with each other is like being with no one, and we mean that in the most affectionate and kind way.  We can spend lots of time together and seemingly not grow weary of one another, which I think is such a gift!  I was so thankful for the week; so thankful for Caryn!  

Caryn and I at the personal baby shower I threw for her.  Just the 3 of us! 

A little sign Aunty Chelsey made for Little Sophia! 

Caryn and I at the beach in St. Augustine.

We drove for 2 hours to get to the beach & some lovely weather enclosed us after just a few minutes!  I am glad we could laugh at our 30 minute beach day!


OUR HOME
When I got back from Florida we signed a lease for a house.  We had been looking for 6 months for a house to rent, so we we're so blessed to see how the Lord provided.  The Lord answered so many spoken and unspoken prayers!  Although we are not buying this house, it will be our first house.  We are so excited!  It is literally a 2 minute drive to campus!


I made this sign after we rented the house.  It is easy, even with a rental, to elevate the gift and not the Giver.  I want to be reminded daily of the purpose of our home, and what is truly of eternal importance!


29 YEARS
At the end of May I celebrated my 29th birthday. It was simply a sweet and quiet day; and I loved it!  I was able to spend a few hours with the Lord in the morning; taking time to remember God's faithfulness in the past year, and to hope and pray over the coming year.  I generally select a verse for myself to pray over and hold tightly to in the upcoming year.  My year 29 verse comes from Isaiah 26:3 (Amplified). 

You wil guard him and keep him
in perfect and constant peace
whose mind [both its inclination and its character]
is stayed on You,
 because he commits himself to You,
leans on You,
and hopes confidently in You.

A pic of me enjoying some yummy coffee during my birthday brunch with Q at "The Green Room".
The french toast is toooo good!  http://www.thegreenroomupstate.com/


FRIENDS
Recently Q and I enjoyed a picnic and walk with some of our beloved friends in Botanical Gardens on campus!  We don't know where we would be this past year without their support, encouragement, truth, and love!  They are our "iron".

Seth, Quintin, Serge

Kristy, Me, Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment